Saturday, May 5, 2007

Take Him out the Ballgame

So I finally fullfilled one of my good father duties and took Abram out to his first baseball game. The Tourists were in town, my friend Eric had nothing going on, and Mommy needed a break. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, just gorgeous weather. Talking mid-70's with a slight breeze and clear blue skies. Couldn't have had a better day for a taking in a game.

Eric and I took out traditional seats down the right field line, just behind 1st base. We did sit a little lower than normal being sure to be behind the foul ball screen.


Oddly enough, Abram spent most of the game sitting in my lap. He only really wanted to get down two or three times, which if you know Abram is a bit of shock. I wasn't going to complain. We didn't get a picture of his first taste of Dipping Dots, a McCormick Field treat.



Abram eventually decided it was time to ignore the game and play with my hat. This naturally led to a game of hide and seek. Where's Abram?


There he is! This delighted Abram to no end. Note, I missed a good chunk of the 5th inning taking turns "finding" Abram and then "hiding" behind the hat myself. Completely worth it.


This will by no means be the last game Abram takes in at McCormick Field.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, that second picture was after the Ted E Bear terrified him.

Nothing deep, nothing profound, just the ongoing travels, trials and adventures of the Fletchers. Check out the bottom to see how fast time is flying for the newest Fletchers.