Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Letting Abram do the honors

So today was the day. We had talked about me voting and even gotten him to run around yelling, "Obama!"I had thought about bring Abram with me to vote but wasn't sure about dragging him out of the house too early. That problem was partially solved by him waking up at 6:00, but I still wasn't sure how he'd do. But then the clincher came when he saw me putting on my shoes and asking, "Go with you Daddy?"
"Do you want to go with me to vote buddy?"
"YEAH!!!"
"Ok."
So we quickly got him dressed and out the door we went.

I was glad to see no line to speak of at our polling place. This was mostly due to the fact 40% of registered voters in Henderson County took advantage of early voting. We were able to walk right in, sign in, and head to our booth. I had to show Abram where the box was on the screen and let him do the honors.


I took over the voting from there due to the large number of candidates on the ballot this time around. While my polling place did not have a sticker for me, Abram was able to snag one that he proudly wore all day.


When I got back home to drop him off so he could head to school, I overheard him talking to my Mom (who doubles as our babysitter):
"Abram, where did you go?"
"I went with Daddy."
"Where did you go with Daddy?"
"I went with Daddy to vote Obama!"

As I'm typing this Obama is up 207-135 with California, North Carolina, Florida, Oregon, Washington yet to be called. I feel proud to have voted for our next president.

No comments:

Nothing deep, nothing profound, just the ongoing travels, trials and adventures of the Fletchers. Check out the bottom to see how fast time is flying for the newest Fletchers.